The Mission of GAD is to be a force for positive change in society's perception of disabled people, to support human rights for all disabled people and to be a source of empowerment for disabled people living in the London Borough of Greenwich.
In GAD we value—
- Empowering Disabled People to combat oppression - we will strive not to become oppressors of others.
- Being an agent of change by campaigning, lobbying and educating in order to promote equality of opportunity, full civil rights.
- Providing information to enable informed choices to Disabled People.
- Respecting the individuality and choice of every person.
- Not being controlled by funders but by providing services determined by Disabled People.
- That our services truly reflect the needs of the local disabled community, by providing services determined by Disabled People.
- Working in a professional manner, we endeavour to keep alive the collective spirit of the Disabled People's Movement in all parts of the organisation.